Catheter Robotics Inc.
The Amigo Remote Catheter System
With the physician in mind, engineers developed Amigo, a device that is intended to be safe and comfortable for physicians, but easy to learn, simple to use and cost effective. It was truly designed for the unmet needs of the Electrophysiology Lab.
Amigo easily attaches to the side rails of an EP table and sits on a bridge above the patient. Installing Amigo does not change the existing procedure room or control room, and Amigo’s flexible design intends for it to be used from simple to complex procedures.
Amigo may provide physicians and hospitals advantages including:
- Reduction of radiation exposure during procedures
- Cost effectiveness
- Smooth Integration with any Catheter Lab
- Short and simple installation
- Little if any learning curve
The Amigo™ Controller
Amigo employs a remote control that enables the user to maneuver a standard catheter in three degrees of freedom: Insertion & withdrawal, rotation, and tip deflection. The Controller is intuitive and easy to use, with no other interfaces to the imaging, recording or navigation systems.
Additional features of the Amigo Controller include:
- Easy operation of the catheter while minimizing exposure to the radiation field.
- Little if any learning curve because the controller replicates the form and function of catheter handles.